Combining poetry from The Marrow's Telling: Word in Motion and prose from Brilliant Imperfection: Grappling with Cure and Exile and Pride: Disability, Queerness, and Liberation, Eli's readings never stray far from storytelling, memoir, and a critical analysis of disability, queerness, and other social justice issues. He has read in a variety of settings. A partial listing includes:
• bookstores (Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C.)
• classrooms (University of Michigan, University of Vermont)
• community events (Transgender Day of Remembrance)
• conferences (Society for Disability Studies, True Spirit)
• fundraising events (R.U.1.2? Queer Community Center)
• retreats (Leaven Center)
For a complete listing of Eli's book readings, download his CV as a PDF).