Readings from Eli's Books
Thoughtful and compelling, Eli mixes art and politics, polemic and poetry. Even folks who dislike poetry have been known to enjoy his readings.
Combining poetry from The Marrow’s Telling and prose from Brilliant Imperfection: Grappling with Cure and Exile and Pride: Disability, Queerness, and Liberation, Eli’s readings never stray far from storytelling, memoir, the more-than-human world, and a critical analysis of disability, queerness/transness, and other social justice issues. He has read in a variety of settings. A partial listing includes:
- bookstores (Bellingham, Berkeley, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Winnepeg)
- classrooms (University of Michigan, University of Vermont)
- community events (Transgender Day of Remembrance)
- conferences (Society for Disability Studies, True Spirit)
- fundraising events (Vermont’s Pride Center)
- retreats (Leaven Center)
For a complete listing of Eli’s book readings, download his CV as a PDF.